Teleworking technology tools
Working from home doesn’t mean you have to feel disconnected from your colleagues. There are lots of tools out there that support the remote worker. Here are just a few:
For video and audio conferencing
• Zoom – Zoom is a top video conferencing app that offers a scalable experience for enterprise users.
• Skype – A powerful, easily accessible collaboration tool for remote employees.
• Google Hangouts – Google Hangout is a great tool for information sharing and communication.
• WebEx – Cisco WebEx is an enterprise solution for video conferencing, online meetings, screen share and webinars.
For document storage, document sharing and overall collaboration
• Microsoft OneDrive – OneDrive is a cloud storage service from Microsoft that allows you to store all your important files securely in one place and then access them virtually anywhere. OneDrive has additional features, as well, like the ability to share and edit documents.
• G Suite – An integrated suite of secure, cloud-native collaboration and productivity apps powered by Google AI. Includes Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar, Meet and more.
• Slack – Slack is a messaging app that brings all your communication together in one place. It offers real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams.
Enterprise social networking
• Yammer – Yammer is a software tool that enhances internal corporate communication and networks with external partners.
• Workplace by Facebook – Collaboration tool built on the most popular social network.
Many of these tools have free-to-use options, but like most things, you can unlock a breadth and depth of functionalities with the purchase of a package.